There’s a lot to like about Disney’s Saratoga Springs. Unfortunately, price is not among that long list. Expect a hefty price tag for just a single night there. You might get by for $350 or even less for a single room but a Club Level Lagoon View suite can cost more than $1838 (on holidays). Inspired by historic Saratoga Springs—a late-1800s’ New York retreat famous for its spas and horse racing—is best viewed as a charming Victorian-style Resort hotel nestled between rolling golf course greens and the shimmering Village Lake.
So if the price is right, or within your budget, here are a half dozen reasons you’ll want to spend at least one night there.
A Half Dozen Reasons to Love it
- Visitors often love the peaceful stillness of the landscape and tranquil view of the cascading and winding river. You can’t help but feel you are hundreds of miles from theme parks when you are actually just a short boat ride away from Downtown Disney.
- Staying overnight. Rooms range from single room studios to three bedroom extended family suites on two floors. The renovated Treehouse Villas are available to Disney Vacation Club members (or to those who want to rent them by the night). The villas are 3 bedrooms and claim to sleep 9-11 people, although that claim involves using use the pullout couches. Reviewers generally praise the amenities here but are somewhat skeptical of cramming so many people into these admittedly large suites. Nevertheless, the attractive lifestyle here looks rustic and there are TV’s everywhere adding to modern comforts. Fully equipped kitchens will save some money.
- Restaurants include the Artist’s Palette, with a daily changing menu that includes sandwiches and salads, flatbread pizzas for both breakfast and dinner. The Turf Club Bar and Grill, a full service restaurant and bar with a pool table (only serves dinner). To go if you want it. The Paddock Grill, a poolside bar at The Paddock Pool. In addition to offering drinks, also has a lengthy counter service food menu. It is open all day, including many breakfast options. The Backstretch Pool Bar is a poolside bar at The Grandstand pool. In addition to drinks, this poolside bar offers some light meals and snacks.
4. High Rock Spring Pool is the original feature pool of the resort located outside the main/clubhouse building. It is designed as a natural spring with rocks, geysers, trees, and other themed touches. The Paddock Pool is the second feature pool. It includes waterslides, as does the Hard Rock. Additional pools are also located in The Grandstand, Congress Park, and at the Treehouse Villas. These ‘quiet’ pools also include whirlpools, and many include children’s play areas. Note: no lifeguards here, however.
5.Other recreational amenities nearby include the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course, basketball and tennis courts, a 24-hour fitness center offering massage therapies and other spa treatments, basketball and tennis courts, bike rentals, fishing, jogging trails, children’s playgrounds, BBQ areas, even poolside nightly movies, and much more. Be sure to pick up a recreation activities sheet at check-on.
6. While the resort is somewhat out of the way, it has many other creature comforts. For example, there’s an airline check-in podium at the Porte Cochere. And a new walkway gets you to Downtown Disney in about ten minutes. Similar to other Disney locations, no driving around is necessary once you get here. It is well-served by Disney Transport buses and water transportation. Buses stop at five different locations. Water vehicles go directly to all theme parks. Taxis are also easily arranged, with some rides free.
Near the Theme Parks
The nearest theme park to Saratoga Springs is Epcot.
So you can’t afford it this year?
Save your money. Maybe next time. ###